A Sweet Chance

'Sweet' is a favored word and the only one that most probably goes well with my constitution. At odd hours when  we accidentally stumble upon unexpected surprises  well, 'sweet' is the word that most sweetly sweeps through the being.


Morning saw a sweet kid coming up to me and sweetly whispering:
'Ma'm, I don't have any more sweets'. I had already eyed the 'Mars' chocolate in the Chemistry teacher's hand.

I should refrain from  chocolates. However, had it been a child of a different grade I'd have surely minded. But these words coming from a 9 year old, genuinely from a sweet heart, quelled my rising desire when I eyed the 'Melody' slowly being forwarded.

I had come to the school a bit late, just in time for the assembly only to know that due to technical failures, there would be no power.Then there was a substitution class like an ice-cream topping on creamed lassi. Howmuchever things looked different, I found my spirit unusually strong and flexible with all the day's inuendoes.

The gravity of my stability mobilised the tormentation to easy wavelengths and laughter unleashed all emotions. The ripples were felt as well as seen on the faces of all in and around.
The bell rang . A note of affirmation drained off all the exhaustion in their faces when they responded with merriment and glee. I was smiling with glee, over nothing in particular. A thought waved me 'hi' and I bade my substitute class good bye when a teacher asserted that it was her regular class.
Now who would have expected that! Early in the morning, when grimace and grumble concocted to spoil my day, I greeted them with humility and laughed over their weakness and time. So Mother Fortune decided to award me with one of her bounties. Melody khao khud jan jaao! Sweet is the taste of chance!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lines of rhythmic beauty

Perfection- defined

On Womanhood