On the Death of a Scorpion

How you had longed-                                      
to live the life
to thrive on it
to take the world in your stride!

How you had longed---                                                  
to have a family
to live in a world
of ecstasy and amplitude!

Would there be a day
when you find your
dreams come true
at the power of something?
             or                                              
has the day gone
your dreams unfulfilled?

There might have been another life

when we had fought
and you killed me?
A justification for the event
That made me cry after you died?

The day passed, the night too
And days and nights with the moon
and the stars the air still.
In moments of silence I hoped
Waited and then surrendered at Will.
                   
On that inauspicious moment
when you sought refuge in my room
Dark as the Knight,  stout and becoming
come to herald its splendour and charm to
Me, the one who misunderstood---
I found you out.












You were killed.
How unnatural!
How brutal!                                                
I cried silent tears
                                                                                    And failed to forgive me then.

It was fear that blinded me
to marvel at the incredible
You didn't move and I felt
You were not alive. Then when you did
In the midst of all those cries and screams
They killed you.So they did.



Hours hence when I come to think
I miss you and will forever---
A voice says in a whisper--
I did what I had to
Your time had come
To surrender your life to me.                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lines of rhythmic beauty

Perfection- defined

On Womanhood