The Dawn

Reminiscences of the departure of a loved one
Had once clouded my mind, veiled my thoughts.
And so I failed---
To see the ball of fire
the silver beams
the starry nights.                                                    

I failed to---
hear the jubilant notes of the birds and the bees
smell the exotic aroma of the fruits and flowers
feel the heat of the summer and winter chill
taste the juice of nature but salted tears.    

How could I be so harsh to myself-
staring at the azure world failing dewdrops?
How could I not see the pain in their eyes
and the silence in their consolation
tears in their laughter and blood in their hearts?

Because there is pain there is joy
Because there is misery there is hope
Because there is silence, there is sound
Because there is love there is feeling.




The voice I hear tells me to rise up                      
await,  allow, ensure the Dawn's message.
The Womb has throbbed in mental terrains
to pen down that which I feel, hear, see, smell
Will the Now Ever Change to see the Dawn
That breaks and makes and retrieves things lost
Moments treasured and the lost found.                            

The voice now hums, slowly softly effortlessly--
I gather---
strength from its tunes
spirit from its lyrics
novelty from its beats
symphony from its strokes
and heat from its truth.

I yield to the Master to have
helped me read the Book of Life
and understand its phrases,
 metaphors, synonyms and Idioms
The Dawn of Realisation in syllables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lines of rhythmic beauty

Perfection- defined

On Womanhood