From a teacher

She came to me with dreams in eyes
A promise she held so as to surmise
Her presence in class had her to cause
Memory and matter in sweet applause.
She carried herself ; Time’s sweet chance
In open breath when seen askance
Talked she well, with friends so few
or compete with them
In programmes anew.

The love she bore to studies and aught
Fared her well, laurels she brought
Topped in class, she taxed her brain 
Time she spent, in revision refrain.

She gathered herself more often than not
In the midst of crowds Practicals’ brought
Even she starred when ‘tests’ were due
Her mind in place confidence imbued.

She presents to me a picture of time
When love’s sweet bells in memories’ chime
She owes to me ‘a lot’ she says
If I am the Sun, she is my rays

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lines of rhythmic beauty

Perfection- defined

On Womanhood